CREATE A HEALTHY SCHOOL WITH TRACTIVITY
Affordable and easy to use, safe and secure, rugged with long battery life, instructor dashboard and data analysis tools
THE FACTS ABOUT PHYSICAL ACTIVITY IN EDUCATION
Participation rates in Physical Education is declines with age and is declining overall.
- Since 1991 the percentage of high school students who attend physical education classes daily has decreased from 42% to 29%
- Participation in 60 minutes of free-time activity decreases from 77% of youth age aged 9–13 to 27% in teen aged 14 to 17
- 42% of 9th-grade students but only 20% of 12th-grade students attended physical education class daily
- The absence of regular physical activity is a major contributing factor to overweight and obesity conditions , which can increase one’s risk for diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, asthma, arthritis, and poor health status.
- Physical inactivity increases one’s risk for dying prematurely, dying of heart disease, and developing diabetes, and high blood pressure.1
According to the Center for Disease Control, regular physical activity in childhood and adolescence improves strength and endurance, helps build healthy bones and muscles, helps control weight, reduces anxiety and stress, increases self-esteem, and may improve blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Regular physical activity may improve students’ academic performance.
THE RECOMMENDED ACTION PLAN
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommends a regular program of at 60 minutes of daily physical activity for youths and adolescents .
All schools can play a major role in solving the inactivity crisis by:
- promoting physical activity through comprehensive school physical activity programs, including recess, classroom-based physical activity, intramural physical activity clubs, interscholastic sports, and physical education.
- ensuring that physical education is provided to all students in all grades and is taught by qualified teachers.
- working with community organizations to provide out-of-school-time physical activity programs and share physical activity facilities.
MOVE - Set goals for each student, use social challenges to motivate.
TRACK - Monitor individual progress towards goals, monitor activity index of schools
THRIVE - Award participation credits, improve activity index score, enjoy benefits
TRACTIVITY FOR EDUCATION
Unlike most Activity monitoring systems, Tractivity is designed for the teacher/instructor and the classroom of student. The THRIVE CIRCLE APP and DASHBOARDS enable the instructor to manage the activity of the entire class, sync the data with all the buttons with single step using a smartphone, table, PC or MAC THRIVE CIRCLE app. The buttons are cost effective affordables, east to use, rugged and the data is safe and secure.
FREE EDUCATION LICENCE FOR THRIVE CIRCLE APP AND THRIVE CIRCLE DASHBOARD FOR ALL YOUTH USERS
EDUCATION DISCOUNT FOR THRIVE CIRCLE APP AND THRIVE CIRCLE DASHBOARD FOR ADULT USERS
GET YOUR STUDENTS MOVING!