CREATE AN ACTIVE, HEALTHY FAMILY CIRCLE WITH TRACTIVITY
FOR PEOPLE WHO CARE FOR PEOPLE
Affordable and easy to use, fun for the entire family, youths, adults and grandparents, safe and secure, rugged with long battery life
AN ACTIVE FAMILY IS A HEALTHY FAMILY
Physical Inactivity is epidemic in the western world as the general population is considerably less active today than they were decades ago. Physical activity associated with work, home, and transportation has declined due to economic growth, technological advancements, and social changes:
- In 1950, 30 percent of Americans worked in high-activity occupations; by 2000, that proportion had dropped to only 22 percent.
- the percentage of people working in low-activity occupations rose from about 23 percent to 41 percent.
- Driving cars has increased from 67 % of all trips to work in 1960 to 88%, while walking and taking public transit to work has decreased.
- About 40 percent of U.S. schoolchildren walked or rode their bikes to school in 1969, compared to 13% now.
- Shrinking budget pressure on physical education programs results in reduced capacity within schools for youths.
Unfortunately the decrease in physical activity has created an increase in sedentary activities—watching television, playing video games, and using the computer.
Less physical activity and more sedentary activity has caused substantial WEIGHT GAIN and leads to obesity.
Weight gain during adulthood can increase the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and other chronic conditions. Simply, it is hard to lose weight and keep it off, it’s better to prevent weight gain in the first place. Physical activity can help slow down the “middle-age spread”.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY PREVENTS OBESITY IN MULTIPLE WAYS:
- Physical activity increases caloric burn expenditure, which can help balance or even lose weight, as long as additional eating does not compensate for the extra calories they burn.
- Physical activity decreases fat around the waist and total body fat, slowing the development of abdominal obesity.
- Physical activity reduces depression and anxiety, which may be motivational for adherence with a structured activity program.
Moderate activity for at least 30 minutes a day can help lower the risk of chronic disease.
Weight Stability or Weight Loss requires at least an hour of moderate activity everyday to offset the negative effects of either a sedentary lifestyle or over consumption of high caloric content food.
ACTIVITY BENEFITS EVERYONE
Physical Activity has benefit for every family member of all ages:
- Improves balance (important to prevent falls).
- Limits the loss of muscle that happens with aging and inactivity.
- Strengthens your heart, lungs, and circulatory system.
- Improves your endurance.
- Increases the life of your joint replacement.
- Strengthens your muscles and joints, and keeps your joints flexible. • Improves energy levels.
- Maximizing Your Activity After a Hip or Knee Replacement
- Improves your posture.
- Improves quality of sleep.
- Improves your mood, helps you deal with anxiety, and keeps your thinking sharp.
- Reduces symptoms and disability experienced with arthritis.
- Reduces your risk of developing certain disabilities and chronic conditions, including arthritis, osteoporosis, heart disease, stroke, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, and certain cancers (e.g. colon and breast)
A structured activity program is essential to a health family lifestyle. Parents, youths, adolescents, grandparents all benefit from a simple activity program based on walking, jogging, hiking. Add cycling, running, swimming, skiing or other activities to improve health further. Set goals of 60 minutes per day or 10,000 steps a day and move together to ensure compliance.
MOVE - Set goals for each family member, use social challenges to motivate.
TRACK - Monitor individual progress towards goals, monitor activity index of your family
THRIVE - Improve activity score, maintain or lose weight, enjoy benefits of a healthy lifestyle
TRACTIVITY FOR YOUR FAMILY
Unlike most Activity monitoring systems, Tractivity is designed for the parent and the members of the family. The THRIVE CIRCLE APP and DASHBOARDS enable the parent to manage their activity and the activity of the children and grandparents, even remotely. The Tractivity wearable buttons are affordables, easy to use, rugged and the data is safe and secure. The youth buttons are so inexpensive that you can attach a button to every pair of shoes in your child's closet.